Human Resources Clerk for the 2nd shift 3pm-Midnight in Santa Teresa New Mexico
· Plans and conducts new hire orientation and onboarding process to foster positive attitude toward company values and expectations.
· Assists new employees with new hire paperwork, collects all necessary forms, sets up
files for new personnel, and processes new hires in the HRIS.
· Fields hourly employee questions pertaining to topics that include but are not limited to: vacation/personal time, benefits (medical, dental, STD, life, EAP, and vision), employee issues, job opportunities, working conditions, discipline.
· Manages and updates HRIS/Time and Attendance and personnel files with changes to employee status as necessary (e.g., change of address, tax withholding (W-4’s), departmental transfers, rate increases, FMLA/WC/vacation/person leave, terminations, etc.)
· Tracks employee attendance and enforces attendance policy.
· Ensures present postings reflect current events; ensures that mandatory state and federal employment posters are displayed.
· In cases of complaints and allegations, gathers necessary information through
investigations, makes decisions that will impact employees’ employment based on
company policies and documents matters.
· Responds to company correspondence with regard to employee matters such as:
garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, unemployment claims, and verifications.
· Collaborates efforts to gather information for special projects, both individual and team
· Responsible for enforcing company’s record retention policy.
· Facilitates annual HACCP and GMP and other safety trainings for all employees.
· Assists with planning of employee events.
· Ensures compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Performs drug screenings (random and pre-employment).
· Performs other duties, as needed.
**Supervisory Responsibilities **
This job has some supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is required.
**Education and/or Experience **
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least one to two years of related experience.
**Language Skills **
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
**Mathematical Skills **
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
**Reasoning Ability **
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
**Computer Skills **
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resources systems; Internet software; payroll systems; spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
**Other Skills and Abilities **
Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills. Ability to speak fluent Spanish or Polish is a plus.
**Other Qualifications **
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Position requires heavy use of keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please contact: Vanessa Garcia 915-587-5777 or via e-mail email@example.com