Shipping & Receiving Clerk 1st shift in Santa Teresa, NM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Utilizes ERP system where applicable to complete required duties.
· Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
• Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Compiles records of unfilled orders.
• Posts weight and shipping charges.
• Prepares bills of lading.
• Addresses errors and complaints.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); At least three to four years related experience. Prior supervisory experience is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please contact: Vanessa Garcia 915-587-5777 or via e-mail email@example.com